Sunday, November 15, 2009

Home Tiling Project

This summer we decided to transform our hideous porch into a place we would want to spend time in. Whoever installed this lovely green carpet should never be allowed to make design decisions again. Here are the before pictures...














































Here is the porch after...




































We used neutral color tile to compliment the wood furniture we already had. I decided to forgo my original plan of paining the furniture white and weathering it to look antiqued, which I think was the right decision. All the tile was done by us with the help of family. Tiling is actually not as bad as I thought!

We also took an old trunk that my great grandparents used for storing their belongings when the came over on a boat from Sweden. Someday we will put a tv out here and entertain our friends. I of course need to finish sewing the cushions for the furniture before that happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment